Visa & Travel
may need a Chinese visa to enter China. Specifically,
those who are not Chinese citizens, except passport
holders from Singapore, Brunei, and Japan, need a
Chinese visa. Participants can apply for a visa at the
Chinese embassy or consulate in the region in which they
live. To avoid uncertainty, participants will be advised
to apply for a visa as early as possible. It is
recommended that they apply for a Chinese visa at least
1 month in advance.
For most attendees, it is easier to apply for a Tourist ("L") visa; an invitation letter is NOT required for obtaining a Tourist visa.
Necessary Materials to Apply for Chinese Visa
- A passport which is valid for at least six months following the date of submission, with an entire blank page available for the visa;
- One Visa Application Form of the Peoples Republic of China, which is filled clearly with true, authentic and complete information and signed by the applicant;
- One recent, 2 inch full-faced and bareheaded passport photo (the daily life photo, photo copy or digital photo printed on the ordinary paper shall not be accepted);
- Other related application materials according to different purposes for your trip to China;
- Other materials related to the visa application, deemed as necessary by the visa officer.
information, please contact the local Chinese Embassy in
your country or visit the website:
Alternatively, participants may ask their travel agents to arrange their travel to China.